Rao Bahadur C. Srinivasa Rao
Rao Bahadur C. Srinivasa Rao was born in 1875 of an ancient Mahratta Brahmin family who had immigrated to South India. He had his education in the Hindu High School and the Presidency College, Madras, Taking the Degree of Master of Arts in 1898, he entered the Postal Department as Probationary Superintendent the same year. After serving as Superintendent of Post Offices in several parts of the Presidency, he became Assistant Post Master-General in 1912. In 1920, he rose to be Deputy Post-Master-General, and eight years later he was made Deputy Director General of Post and Telegraphs in New Delhi – the first Madrasee to be elevated to this high position.
In recognition of his unsullied record of service, he was awarded the title of “Rao Bahadur” in 1920.
Retiring in 1930 from service, he is now leading a quiet life in Theagaroyanagar, devoting all his leisure to the study of Sanskrit – especially Madhwa Philosophy.
He is a Life-Member of the M.E.F. and Chairman of the S.S. Raghavendra Rao School Committee.